Deepa Dosaja is a pioneer in luxury, sustainable fashion in Africa. Since inception the company has had a gradual expansion and increase in full time employees, who are a core asset in the company’s vision for further growth. The Deepa Dosaja label embodies beauty with a conscious. The brand only uses natural fabrics such as silk, bamboo, cotton, linens and is constantly looking for new innovative fabrics which have a low impact on the environment. The team at Deepa Dosaja prides themselves in ensuring the highest levels of customer service and quality consciousness.
Deepa Dosaja provides a bespoke made to measure service as well as off the rack collection. Inspiration behind Deepa’s work is drawn from nature and the abundance of colours therein as well as acceptance of an ethical obligation towards the environment. This is reflected in her collections and business through the use of only natural fabrics and abstinence from using any harmful or environmentally unfriendly products. Her boutique is a paradise of sinewy fabrics carrying a wide and fine selection of natural fabrics – silk, wool, linen and cottons. Deepa Dosaja also exclusively designs her own line of luxurious stretch silk prints.
- 1991 – winner smirnoff Kenya fashion awards
- 2000 – established vabene couture
- 1997 – sole designer and joint organiser with the german embassy in a highly successful fashion event to raise funds for a street children rehabilitation project.
- 2003 – Kenya fashion week. showcased alongside leading african fashion designer Alphadi. As a result of this fashion week, deepa was selected to present her line at festival international de la mode africaine (fima), in Niamey, Niger.
- 2010 – wear it international fashion show, Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2013 – winner in the industries sector, most influential woman (miw) Kenya. ref: www.miw.co.za
- 2013 – London festival for African fashion & art
- 2013 – opening of the Deepa Dosaja flagship store, formation of Deepa Dosaja LTD & the Deepa Dosaja brand
- 2015 – dressed oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o on her homecoming tour
- 2016 – celebrated 25 years of fashion in Africa
- 2016 – launched diffusion line Kayaja
- 2017 – presented "my flowers" collection at studio 450 during New York Fashion Week
- 2018 - was selected as the kenyan designer to showcase at Buckingham Palace for the launch of the Commonwealth Fashion Exchange, during London Fashion Week. This initiative is supported by eco-age, Swarovski, matchesfashion.com and the woolmark company. (http://eco-age.com/commonwealth-fashion-exchange/)
- 2018 - showcased at the Blue Economy Conference in Nairobi
- 2018 - fashion designer of the year - Asian Weekly Tawaa Awards
- 2019 - sustainable fashion panelist and showcased United Nation environment assembly